Where Customization Begins 

• How to add Fonts in Install.wim

• Here you will find out how to customize from top to bottom your operative system!
Here you will find out how to customize from top to bottom your operative system!
 #14733  by nice_guy75
 20 Mar 2011, 05:52
Hi there I was trying to integrate some extra fonts in Install.wim but I am facing problem in registering the fonts. So I have searched the net and finally I got the right method to register the fonts thanks to gor17981

First of all install the fonts on your host OS by adding those fonts in "Control panel\fonts"
Now Mount your install.wim and go to "Windows\Fonts" and put all your font and go to start>run and type regedit and hit enter it will open the registries now go to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

and then right click on the fonts folder and select export and save this registry as Fonts.reg on the desktop.

Now right click on fonts.reg and select edit, now edit the registry, delete every entry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
except the entry or entries for the fonts you just added.
AND
You have to change the path from "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]" to "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEMP\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"

If you are trying to integrate "7th Service" font your registry should look like this:
Code: Select allWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEMP\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"7th Service (TrueType)"="7TH.TTF"

and now save it.

Now highlight the "HKLM" and go to "regedit>file>load hives" and navigate to "mount\windows\system32\config\" and select "Software"

It will prompt for key name, put "TEMP" over there.

It will load all the software registries in the "temp" folder

Now remember both the path should be the same otherwise you won't be able to integrate registries. See the circled names in the screenshot:

Now just run the Fonts.reg you have put on desktop.
Don't forget to unload registry, now back to regedit just select the "Temp" and then go to "File>unload hives"

OK done the registry has been added and your font(s) is/are registered.

Now you can unmount your wim after committing changes
Last edited by nice_guy75 on 07 Aug 2011, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.