Where Customization Begins 

• Create your own custom 7 DVD

• Here you will find out how to customize from top to bottom your operative system!
Here you will find out how to customize from top to bottom your operative system!
 #941  by 351837
 22 Dec 2009, 15:32
How many times have you done a fresh install of Windows 7, and wish it came all prepared with your favorite software, already installed, and already activated ?

It is possible.

These instructions are for x86 (32-Bit) Windows Install.

Tools you will need :
A Spare Hard Drive at least 20 gigs in size.
The Windows 7 Auto Install Kit (AIK) ( Not the Beta, IT WILL NOT WORK)
A Genuine Windows 7 RTM Key
A Windows 7 RTM x86 ISO
UltraIso

Install x86 Ultimate to your Hard drive

When install is finished and at your desktop:

1. Activate Windows using your Product key

2. Install all your favorite Software - Activate it, and update it.

WARNING

Dont over do it ( like i did ), the image must remain under 4.5 gig, unless you burn to a dual layer.

3. Change Desktop background, Folder Settings, Display Options, Mouse pointer Speed etc.

4. Reboot to make sure windows update got installed properly.

5. Open Administrative cmd, and run System File check to make sure your system files are all ok

sfc /scannow

6. Reboot back into your main Windows Installation.

7. Open administrative cmd prompt, and entered the following commands :

You NEED the Final Windows 7 AIK - The Beta DOES NOT WORK

cd\

cd\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86

imagex /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture x: y:\install.wim "Windows 7 Ultimate"

WHERE:

X is the drive you just installed all your software to.
Y is where you will save your install.wim file, this generally would be c:\
"Windows 7 Ultimate" is a label for the build

8. Open UltraISO.
Open your Windows 7 Ultimate x86 iso.
Navigate to the sources folder and delete the install.wim
Drag your new install.wim into the sources folder.
Save the ISO.

You Now have a Windows Install dvd, packed with all your favorite software, all your personalised settings, and its activated.

Burn your image to dvd.

This DVD IS for your own PC Only.
 #1199  by nice_guy75
 30 Dec 2009, 17:28
I have tried but not working for me. I have successfully created the install.wim but when I replace the old install.wim with this new, OS is unable to install. I guess there is something missing.
 #1201  by 351837
 30 Dec 2009, 18:04
try this
Make new folder on let say D:\ called myWin7 open it and make two new folders called DVD and ISO. now copy content of your bootable Win7 DVD in to D:\myWin7\DVD. Open it and find original install.wim file, take ownership of him and replace with your instal.wim.
Now run as administrator Win7 AIK and type
cd..
cd PETools
If you make x86 iso then type: oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\myWin7\DVD D:\myWin7\ISO\"what ever you like".iso

if you make x64 iso then type: oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\myWin7\DVD D:\myWin7\ISO\"again what ever you like".iso
 #1651  by nice_guy75
 10 Jan 2010, 13:50
351837 wrote:try this
Make new folder on let say D:\ called myWin7 open it and make two new folders called DVD and ISO. now copy content of your bootable Win7 DVD in to D:\myWin7\DVD. Open it and find original install.wim file, take ownership of him and replace with your instal.wim.
Now run as administrator Win7 AIK and type
cd..
cd PETools
If you make x86 iso then type: oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\myWin7\DVD D:\myWin7\ISO\"what ever you like".iso

if you make x64 iso then type: oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\myWin7\DVD D:\myWin7\ISO\"again what ever you like".iso

thanks for trying to help me, but this method is also not working. Someone told me to create log file as well, I did the same and this time the installation went further till "installing updates" but before "completing installation" starts the system reboot and I got an error. Please see this screenshot:
Then some learned person told me to sysprep the OS, I have searched everywhere and I have found this:
http://blog.brianleejackson.com/sysprep ... -to-finish

But I am quite confused how to impement this sysperp method with this one. What I did .............. I have logged in to the OS on which I have installed WAIK and then opened the windows system image manager and then I have opened the log file. But I don't know what should be the basis of selecting the component to "add to # pass", how to go ahead after creating the answer file. I am unable to understand "prepping your machine" part.

If someone can help me in this matter that would be great.
 #1857  by Neuropass
 13 Jan 2010, 16:18
This topic is getting too confusing. I suggest you to open another topic and ask exactly what you want to achieve...