Where Customization Begins 

• Windows 7 Boot Screen Animation tool Updated Alpha 11

• Share Your Unique Windows 7 Bootscreen animations and Logons here
Share Your Unique Windows 7 Bootscreen animations and Logons here
 #10483  by nice_guy75
 01 Oct 2010, 01:35
Hey scott I guess I can help you but the problem is that I am unable to get it work. Can you please explain the entire procedure step by step and I will tell how you can get it work in a custome build.

@ xxrazor please help me brother I am unable to get it work properly every time I do my OS got stuck and then went in to the test mode after recovery. This is with standad application (not Alpha version), I guess it is important to mention that I have checked "Enable Textsigning for" option. See the screenshot:

and when I use alpha version this is what I get:

Edit: Ok I managed to change the animation, but I want to change the text as well, I am talking about the text "Starting Windows". Please help me guys.
 #10484  by Gangester
 01 Oct 2010, 03:02
Originally posted before [url=http://www.newage-os.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4134]HERE[\url].

It's ok guys....At least we found a way to change the boot screen. Can't wait till another custom windows build with custom boot screen.....Did any one succeed?
 #10485  by Neuropass
 01 Oct 2010, 03:59
[quote2="JeffBush"]It currently is only the GUI and will not modify files[/quote2]

Apparently the alpha version is just a GUI , it won't change any file. That's why you get the popup "coming soon!" You need to use the stable version.
 #10487  by nice_guy75
 01 Oct 2010, 04:55
Neuropass » 30 Sep 2010, 23:59 wrote:[quote2="JeffBush"]It currently is only the GUI and will not modify files[/quote2]

Apparently the alpha version is just a GUI , it won't change any file. That's why you get the popup "coming soon!" You need to use the stable version.

Yeah I understood but buster has done it successfully I am not sure the screenshot he has posted is of his OS or only a screenshot of the application itself.

Secondly I have successfully changed the boot animation but it only works in booting and not in "resuming windows" (if we are resuming from the hibernation)
The screen looks like this (Not the original image made with CS5)
 #10493  by xxrazor
 01 Oct 2010, 07:41
Sorry guys, i have not tried this yet , i only just found it late last night, but you are correct, Buster has changed the text, so we will have to ask him, Friday night here, so i will give tonight or on Saturday to help clear up any confusion.

cheers
xxrazor
 #10499  by Neuropass
 01 Oct 2010, 15:17
It's not difficult to understand, you just need to read the instruction on the website:

http://www.coderforlife.com/projects/win7boot/

And if there are any bugs you need to report them there..

The guy made it easy to change the 7 boot screen with a program. you can do it manually as well but you have to know what you are doing. you need to open the bootres and extract the 42 images file change them and put them together again, then you need to sign the file. but i'm not going into to that now. just use the software and follow the updates of it.. ;)
 #11846  by xxrazor
 27 Dec 2010, 04:19
Here something you might like to try

Images and .gif
Code: Select allhttp://hotfile.com/dl/92212945/0d5a58e/W7Boot_amination_images.rar

Please note to use these the following must apply
If you choose to change the animation you will have to make an animation! The animation can be one long BMP that is 200x21000px or a folder containing 105 BMPs, PNGs, GIFs, or TIFs. The files will be played in alphabetical order (so if you are numbering them, use the same number of digits for all numbers (e.g. 000, 001, ..., 103, 104). Here are the details about the animation:

* 105 frames only
* 15 frames / sec
* First 4 seconds play once then the last 3 seconds play in a loop
* Each frame is 200x200px

cheers
xxrazor