Where Customization Begins 

• idiots.....

• The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
 #5932  by rwilk
 28 Apr 2010, 16:55
so i found this guy with an ad on craigslist, he had the windows 7 professional oem sets. i talked to him, he said they are still sealed, 100% legit(i explain they must be legit, as i will probably sell the comp. i install on in the future). he had them for 75 bucks, said he would take 65. i got the extra cash, and want it, he's supposed to call after work to meet. well no call, i get ahold of him today, he is acting all funny, then says he'll call back in 15 minutes(hours ago).

had to be some sort of scam, wasting my time. anyways, just wanted to vent. thanks for listening.
 #5933  by 169hong
 28 Apr 2010, 16:57
find a college student but it for u, its abt $69 from M$ w/ edu discount
 #5948  by rwilk
 28 Apr 2010, 21:00
i saw that college student offer. ended up, i just went on amazon and got the 7 home premium upgrade, both 32 and 64 bit, then the office 2007/2010 upgrade home and student for 100 each. the office, i can use on 3 comps. this was about the best deal i could find, where everything is 100 legit.

now, i need to find a site with the basics on up, training on office.....i could use an extra skill.
 #6093  by Neuropass
 02 May 2010, 14:44
You can't trust on INTERNET for those things... Craig list is full of scams..
 #6098  by rwilk
 02 May 2010, 22:04
i hear ya. i think the guy had actual oem discs, but didnt understand the licensing. when i said i was going to resell the machine, he got nervous.

no doubt you gotta watch those guys, though. especially the detroit craigslist, where i like to deal. some stuff is stolen, maybe even some counterfeits. i dealt with a couple nice liquidation/off-lease companies that advertised on there, though. made me jealous, the kinds of operations i would like to have.

well anyways, the items are in the mail, from amazon. the prices were ok, but i could have done better.....
 #6222  by Rangerixxi
 06 May 2010, 11:23
Ebay is the same way. The majority of people I talk too now that use Ebay say that 90% of the auctions are scams or potential scams.

Craigslist is actually a good deal if you get lucky. Plus it is better that you found this out now then getting there and finding the guy trying to take your money. At least with craigslist you can see what you are buying.

I only had one guy try and scam the Mrs. and I with a kids play bounce house. It was ripped up to shreds and had about 100 holes in it.

He only expected my wife to show up and I stayed in the car and then when he saw me in there and saw me get out his demeanor changed and he wanted to get the money and leave. So I knew something was up. So I opened it and you can imagine my surprise when the thing had a hole in it almost in plain site.

I told him to have a nice day and we left, but not before I kind of told him this crap is what makes it rough for legitimate sales to go on. I also told him he should give us money for wasting gas and our time. But did not pressure him as it was clear he thought I was going to stuff him into his bag holding the busted bounce house.