Where Customization Begins 

• How To Correctly Setup Your SSD and edit the Registry

• Many Other Tutorials That Don't Belong In Any Of The Above Sections Here.
Many Other Tutorials That Don't Belong In Any Of The Above Sections Here.
 #23479  by Neuropass
 01 Sep 2012, 01:10
yeah the agility is not that good. I had a lot of issues with it. I got rid of it and got two corsair GT instead.
 #23484  by Neuropass
 01 Sep 2012, 14:07
Sata 2 only.
 #23488  by chevy350
 01 Sep 2012, 21:27
It could "potentially" get those speeds yes. My SSD's are all SATAIII devices, but 2 are on the SATAII ports and get half the speed vs the ones on my SATAIII ports
 #23662  by TheAslan
 27 Sep 2012, 12:00
Corsair Force GT 2,5" 120GB SSD

What you guys think of this:

Should I or should I not enable write caching in SSD disks? When I tried to enable write caching I remember that my both SSD's became much slower.
 #23675  by chevy350
 28 Sep 2012, 00:10
If you want to turn it on then in order for it to enable properly you have to turn it off first. I have it enabled on all my drives but in order for it to work correctly I had ti un-check both boxes, waited a few minutes just to be sure, then re-checked then testing speeds both before and after to verify it was in fact enabled. It's some weird setting with windows but that's pretty much the best way to ensure it is enabled.
 #24489  by TheAslan
 16 Dec 2012, 17:32
OK, here's my updated list, after your Windows installations is finished, follow my list:

(I will update this list soon as I find something new and useful, this is not a perfect list but is a start though)

1. Open My Computer then right click your SSD drive and select Properties, then make sure of that box "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" is unchecked, when you hit Apply button you might get some error messages, ignore all those messages and hit continue, when finished hit OK.

2. Open Device Manager, then expand Disk drives link, then right click your SSD drive and select Properties, then open Policies tab, then make sure of that box "Enable write caching on the device" in unchecked, then hit OK.

3. Right click My Computer link in your desktop and select Properties, then in left hand side panel hit link called Advanced system settings, and then link Environment Variables, then Advanced tab, then change your Windows Temp folder path, it's highly recommended to move your Temp folder away from your SSD drive. (You have to add a folder after your drive, like D:\Temp)

3b. Like above, but now after Advanced system settings link select Performance link, then Advanced tab, then hit Change link, then move your pagefile.sys away from your SSD drive, or disable it completely, if you have like 8gb of ram you might not need this file at all, it's safe to disable it completely, you have to uncheck box called "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" first, then you can customize your new path or/and size, after finished hit OK.

3c. Like above, but now after Advanced system settings link select Startup and Recovery link, then just check screenshot below.

-> If you don't have a double boot then uncheck both of those boxes called "Time to display..."
-> Then check those boxes below word "System failure", uncheck all those boxes, then hit OK

3d. Like above, but now after Advanced system settings link select System protection link, then hit Configure, then turn off System Protection, then hit OK. (I can't show a screenshot for this step because I have disabled services and this step needs those)

4. Open MSConfig, then in General tab select Selective startup, then open Boot tab, then check the box called "NO GUI boot", then hit Advanced options link in same tab, now change number of your processors, then hit OK and close this window.

5. Then enable TRIM, and disable Hipernation file, open your CMD and run it as Administrator, then copy/paste followng commands to it.

fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0
powercfg -h off

6. Right click your Recycle bin icon in desktop and select Properties, then uncheck box called "Do not move files to recycle bin", and then uncheck box called "Show confirmation when deleting files", then hit OK.

7. Then open regedit, and browse these keys, then make sure of that DWORD'S "EnablePrefetcher & EnableSuperfetch" are both in value 0, then close this window. (There is tons of things what you can optimize with regedit, but it would take me weeks to tell you all those tweaks)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters

8. Then open services, then follow my list what I did before.

Code: Select allhttp://tweakscene.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6517&p=23787