Where Customization Begins 

• Firefox 4 restoring Firefox 3 UI

• Many Other Tutorials That Don't Belong In Any Of The Above Sections Here.
Many Other Tutorials That Don't Belong In Any Of The Above Sections Here.
 #19566  by Neuropass
 27 Sep 2011, 06:00
So as a very long time user of Firefox before it was even called that, I have become accustomed to it’s UI and how it works. Firefox 4 introduces a major shift in the UI which I cant say is to my liking as an old school user. Here are some basic tips in making Firefox 4 behave more like v3 particularly removing the transparency effect, although I do like it in explorer I run Firefox maximized and find the effect distracting.

Tabs on bottomthis one is easy just right click on the toolbar and select “tabs on bottom”

Restore menu barthis again is easy just right click on toolbar and select “menu bar”

Disable transparency/aero/glass effect the easiest way is to use a persona the light skins for Firefox. The persona’s OS Integration, Minimalist One or Firefox Minimalist are all a good match.

Restore the status bar download the status-4-evar extension, this will put back in the status bar at the bottom of the screen

Adjust the navigation toolbar buttonsjust right click on the toolbar and select customize from this you have from left to right : Arrow buttons : Reload: Home : anything else you prefer after that.

Source: Red Herring
 #20046  by Neuropass
 03 Nov 2011, 01:05
Ok this is good but still not quite there...