Where Customization Begins 

• How to Configure Hard drives (HD) using WSIM

• Windows® Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), Windows System Image Manager (WSIM), Win PE and Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) Tutorials are right here.
Windows® Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), Windows System Image Manager (WSIM), Win PE and Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) Tutorials are right here.
 #14055  by Neuropass
 09 Mar 2011, 05:08
Ok I modified the script for you.
This way it will create C partition of 50gigs and D partition with the rest of the HD that you are using. No matter if it's 40 or 600 gigs , it will format it and make it avaliable as a D drive.
Try it out first then edit it if you need to.

Autounattend.xml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #14064  by Echo_Platoon
 09 Mar 2011, 15:18
Good job on this, Neuropass.

As far as the 100 MB partition, it shouldn't get a drive letter if configured/set up properly. If done properly, C: would still be your "Windows" drive and D: would still be your "Data" drive. That 100 MB partition contains the Windows Recovery Environment as well as stuff for BitLocker and boot files with boot manager.

If you want to keep this 100 MB partition but don't want it to have a drive letter, you add the following line to the Modify Partition part of the XML file for that partition:
Code: Select all<TypeID>0x27</TypeID>

Here's an example taken from a working XML file:
Code: Select all<ModifyPartition wcm:action="add">
      <Order>1</Order>
      <PartitionID>1</PartitionID>
      <Label>Recovery</Label>
      <Format>NTFS</Format>
      <TypeID>0x27</TypeID>
</ModifyPartition>
 #14116  by Neuropass
 10 Mar 2011, 03:56
@Echo_Platoon
that is cool mate. Nice little trick. I added it to the tutorial.

@VistaKing
You can compare my file and yours to see the differences. ;-) Sometimes small details make the difference, specially under Windows :shock: :linu:
I'm glad it worked.
 #21453  by VistaKing
 21 Jan 2012, 10:39
Can you one see if my Autounattend.xml will work ? What I am trying to achieve is to have two hard drives. One hard drive will be a SSD 256GB drive for Windows and Apps and the 2nd hard drive(1TB) will be for Data ( Users Profile ) .

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #25644  by Neuropass
 11 Feb 2013, 15:54
Follow the tutorial. I also posted a working xml a while ago for you. This one: Post 11
 #25654  by Neuropass
 11 Feb 2013, 20:57
Where did you see EFI?
Here is the 64 and 32 bit version:

Autounattend86-64.rar

Neuropass » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:08 am wrote:Ok I modified the script for you.
This way it will create C partition of 50gigs and D partition with the rest of the HD that you are using. No matter if it's 40 or 600 gigs , it will format it and make it avaliable as a D drive.
Try it out first then edit it if you need to.
 #25707  by Neuropass
 12 Feb 2013, 22:51
Give it a go with the tutorial and if you get stuck I can help you out.