Where Customization Begins 

• Microsoft Shows First Preview Video of Windows 8.1

• All the gossip about Windows 8
All the gossip about Windows 8
 #26964  by TheAslan
 05 Jun 2013, 18:07
Today Microsoft has released a preview video of Windows 8.1 which shows various new customization features introduced in Windows 8.1 such as Start Screen personalization settings, Lock Screen background slideshow feature, different tile sizes, new options to manage tiles on Start Screen, etc.

You can watch Windows 8.1 live in action in following official video shared by Microsoft:

Credits goes to Vishal Gupta
 #26974  by Animeware
 06 Jun 2013, 16:43
Windows 8.1 ugly I'm sticky to windows 7 microsoft should of made enhance version of windows 7 and litter version of it.....
 #26987  by 351837
 06 Jun 2013, 18:36
Best sentence laugh: laugh: laugh:
If you have larger screen i can put two, three, even four apps on the screen at once.

Is that improvement ??? Image

On my 21" screen i can put two, three, or even one hundred apps at once in Windows 7.

EDIT: I apologize for the previous sentence. :redy: I just tried and i can't. I can only put twelve of them.
 #26988  by Angel
 06 Jun 2013, 21:50
Metro still does not work when you only NEED a dsktop environment. Being able to use a different back ground on the strart screen, big deal. Tablets work well with the new UI I agree but I'll be darned if I'm going to get cramp in my arms to put greasy finger marks on my monitor.