Where Customization Begins 

• Overclock your rooted Android phone

#25158  by TheAslan
 22 Jan 2013, 22:16
If your Android phone is already rooted and you like to overclock it there's very simple way to do it, there's a app called OC/UV Beater2 v1.7

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The app works on profiles and you can create 3 OC profiles and change between them. You can also create 2 UV profiles and activate any one of them.

If your ROM doesn't have all the support for the different part of the app. Don't worry, the app will hide the parts you can't use and only show you the options you can.

!PLEASE! take a nandroid before making any changes.

The app stores it's config files on the /data/data folder and pushes it to the config folders when activated.

I have had some questions regarding the diff between "temp" and "perm" activation. It is easy, a "temp" will not survive a reboot. A "perm" will survive a reboot and will not require my app to configure these values again.

Please use temp activate in the UV section to check if your phone is happy with the new voltages. This button activates the new voltages, but doesn't write the config to /system, so if you have a failure the voltage levels will go back to the last activated perm settings or default if no perm settings was applied after a reboot. If you do break it , i have included a flash-able zip to remove the config and to take it back to default level.

Change log:

• v1.7 (Extra Functionality and small bug fix) Tested and working on lots of ROMS
• Added full multi-core support for vdd and oc.
• Fixed bug where oc setup script wasn't installed.

Direct Download:

Code: Select allhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=727364&d=1316683388

Simple HowTo:

First just change Wake Gov and Sleep Gov whatever you like to and then change Wake Min/Max and Sleep Min/Max values (what comes for my personal experience it's not wise to go over 1,92GHz, if you go over that your phone will shutdown itself), then just hit Save button and then Perm Activate if you like to make your changes permanent, that's it, your Android phone is permanently overclocked.

Check out more info if you like