Where Customization Begins 

• Could my Laptop run OSX?

• Tutorials, step-by-step how to guides, installation videos, Hackintosh netbooks, systems, parts, and more.
Tutorials, step-by-step how to guides, installation videos, Hackintosh netbooks, systems, parts, and more.
 #24370  by Litos
 06 Dec 2012, 14:50
Hey all im interested in making my laptop a hackintosh. Im a complete nublet with this though. I have been reading a lot of website info and im still lost as there is such a lot to read and so many different ways to do it.
Anyway, thought id show you my specs, and you could maybe tell me if it would be possible. Thanks Guys.

Samsung R530
Direct X 9/10
3GB RAM
Intel Pentium DualCore T4400 @ 2.20 Ghz
320GB HDD
Intel GMA 4500M Graphics
Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

No Bluetooth Device.

Thanks a lot guys i appreciate your input and knowledge :)
 #24371  by Shaneee
 06 Dec 2012, 18:35
Yes you should be able to install Mountain Lion on that but with the Graphics your won't get the full benefit. You wont have full acceleration but I can help with the resolution. Do you have access to a mac either an actual mac or in vmware?
 #24372  by Litos
 06 Dec 2012, 18:43
Cool. I dont have access to a mac i tried installing in vmware but it would not let me. Something about the CPU?
 #24373  by Shaneee
 06 Dec 2012, 18:57
Ok Grab a copy of Mountain Lion 10.8 retail DMG for your favourite source ;) and download TransMac. Open the DMG file with TransMac and if you see a file named BaseSystem.dmg there post back.
 #24375  by Litos
 06 Dec 2012, 21:31
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Golden Master. That ok? Not sure what the golden master part means lol
 #24378  by Shaneee
 06 Dec 2012, 23:32
Golden Master is the same as the final version. That one will do the job :)
 #24380  by Shaneee
 07 Dec 2012, 16:20
Extract BaseSystem.dmg, The Packages folder and mach_kernel to your desktop or where ever you please.

Using Transmac right click on your Pendrive 8GB or more and restore with disk image and select the BaseSystem.dmg.

Once thats done, Using Transmac navigate on your pendrive to System/Library/Installation and delete the Packages file and replace it with the folder and place mach_kernel on the root of the USB.

Then burn this ISO to a CD and boot the CD with your pendrive plugged in and hover your USB and type -v then enter :perfect:

OS X 10.8 boot cd.iso.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #24383  by Litos
 08 Dec 2012, 11:12
You sir are a legend!

So once i have done these steps, i can then install without any other method needed?

Also, if i have a partition which stores stuff, would i be able to leave this untouched or do i need to use the entire HDD?