Where Customization Begins 

• how do i install ML

• Tutorials, step-by-step how to guides, installation videos, Hackintosh netbooks, systems, parts, and more.
Tutorials, step-by-step how to guides, installation videos, Hackintosh netbooks, systems, parts, and more.
 #24697  by nottzlad25
 30 Dec 2012, 11:57
so the usb sticks for when i have mac osx install would it lag

EDIT:
ive found a usb stick do i install the dmg with transmac whats the cd for
 #24704  by Shaneee
 30 Dec 2012, 18:40
Download transmac for where ever you want ;-) And open it and select Options > General Settings and apply as so,

trensmac.png

Once thats done, You will need 7-Zip. Open the InstallESD.dmg with 7-Zip and open InstalMacOSX.pkg and extract the InstallESD.dmg from there.

Once done, open it in Transmac. Extract the following to a folder somewhere,

BaseSystem.dmg
Packages
mach_kernel

Once Extracted open BaseSystem.dmg in TransMac. Right click on your USB drive and select, Format Disk > Format with Disk Image and select the BaseSystem.dmg.

Once completed open your USB with TransMac and enter the HFS+ Volume and copy mach_kernel to the root.

Then open System > Library > Installation and delete the Packages link and copy the folder you extracted earlier to there.

Now download this zip and copy the folders to your USB at System > Library > Extensions

Kexts.zip

Keep a copy of this zip on your USB root.

Place this pkg file and your Wireless fix on the root of your USB for later,

Chameleon-2.1svn-r2064.pkg.zip

Once thats completed we are done with the USB.

Next burn this ISO to CD,

OS X 10.8 boot cd.zip

Now leave both the CD and USB in your PC and boot from the disc. You should see your USB listed.

Hove over the USB using the arrow keys and type,

Code: Select all-v

Then hit enter.

If it hangs at a point or Kernel Panics take a pic and post it here :coo:

If you get to the install Click Next or Continue and accept the terms. The click Utilities > Disk Utility from the Top bar,

Select your HDD and select Partition. From the dropdown select 1 Partition and then option at the bottom and select GUID Partition Table.

Close Disk Utility and proceed to install selecting your HDD.

If install is Successful then give your self a pat on the back.

No reboot and boot with the CD again and select your new OS X HDD. once again type -v and enter.

Now Install the pkg file from the root of your USB to your HDD. Choose the HDD as the Destination and customize so only the bootloader and Standard theme is installed.

Now Place your wireless kext in System > Library > Extensions along with the zip from earlier.

Replace any files and enter your Password.

Now open Disk Utility from Applications > Utilities and select your OS X Partition and choose Repair Permissions. Let it finish and reboot without CD.

Let me know if it boots ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #24707  by nottzlad25
 30 Dec 2012, 20:11
Once completed open your USB with TransMac and enter the HFS+ Volume and copy mach_kernel to the root.

what do u mean by installing it to the root
 #24708  by Shaneee
 30 Dec 2012, 20:43
The bottom directory. Not in a folder...
 #24722  by Shaneee
 31 Dec 2012, 13:21
How are you getting on?
 #24724  by nottzlad25
 31 Dec 2012, 13:30
my usb stick keeps saying im out of memory and its a 16gb 1 it wont let me install the packages folder saying i need more memory
 #24725  by Shaneee
 31 Dec 2012, 13:34
Seems like TransMac doesn't always format correctly...

New solution, Download a copy of Gparted Live and format your USB with that to HFS+ using a GUID Partition Scheme using the full drive.

Then back in windows open the BaseSystem.dmg and copy its contents out to a folder then just drag them over to the USB in TransMac.
 #24726  by nottzlad25
 31 Dec 2012, 13:36
ill try thaat ive just got a vmware image of mountain lion to try see if i can format it to mac osx extention journeld
 #24727  by Shaneee
 31 Dec 2012, 13:38
Does the image boot? If so I can make a quick video tut for making the image on there.