Where Customization Begins 

• How to create your own Windows 7 LITE

#22885  by Animeware
 17 Jul 2012, 00:10
Pre-Made Section. (NOT MY WORK)

Developed By Liquid0624 & Written By Liquidzgurl

Windows 7 RTM (32 & 64 Bit) *UPDATED*
Feature Removal & Optimization Guide

After working diligently, I have decided to release some of my best work for you; so that you may enjoy Windows 7 with a new appreciation, like me. I sincerely hope that my efforts bring you just as much enjoyment, if not more than they have for me personally. What I am going to provide for you will enable you with the tools to help you create a LITE version of Windows 7. Installing a LITE version of Windows 7, will help you achieve a more COMPACT version of Windows that is still completely functional, remain very stable, perform more efficiently, cut your system's memory usage in half by tweaking services and greatly reduce the hard drive space being used.

This is done by removing packages and components that are built in to Windows 7, in addition to performing system service tweaks. If you DO NOT wish to alter the built in features, modify the functionality or the stability of your Windows 7 Operating System in any way, PLEASE STOP NOW and DO NOT CONTINUE any FURTHER!

By utilizing the attachments on this post you must be aware: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOONE on this forum will be held accountable for any data loss, errors or issues that you encounter. If you are concerned about losing data, my suggestion to you is to create an image using software such as Acronis True Image. Also, everything in this guide has to be done by you, the end user; a released image of a LITE install CANNOT be released due to legality. Software activation is also your OWN responsibility, and NOTHING included will activate ANY software.

If you use the materials attached and find that you are struggling or encounter errors, please reply to THIS post with your questions for assistance. My reference to THIS POST, is to eliminate the confusion of new posts on the board and it will also keep everything together for others to benefit the most from your questions as well as solutions that will all be contained within ONE location. Also, if you encounter an error, please refrain from posting an error log within the body field of your reply; instead attach your log. It is extremely frustrating for users when a lengthy error log is displayed within the text causing users to page through multiple pages to follow postings. It will also greatly reduce the time it takes for replies with a solution to be posted for you for this same reason. Feel free to summarize information about the error in your reply. I just ask that you PLEASE refrain from including the actual contents of any Error Logs or vLite Presets inside the reply and attach it to the post instead.

You will see that there are nine attachments included with THIS POST. It will be too difficult to go into great detail about each individual attachment, but I will do my best to provide you with an accurate summary for them. There are a total of six archives; two pdf formatted word documents and one excel spreadsheet in pdf format. The six archives are the compressed files needed to create an install image for a LITE version of Windows 7, for which I will list the contents below in more detail; including a summary of key features that are NOT being removed (components being KEPT). To reduce hard drive space further after installing Windows 7, you can disable the paging file; turn off hibernation support, as well as compress the entire hard disk (including the winsxs folder). There are three archives that are designed for the 32 bit processor architecture and three that are designed for the 64 bit processor architecture.

The two pdf formatted word documents are easy to follow with step by step instructions to help walk you through this enduring process. One is for 32 bit, the other is for 64 bit architecture, depending on which one you choose. An important note regarding architecture: 32 bit can ONLY create a 32 bit install; 64 bit has the capability to EITHER create a 32 or 64 bit. The excel spreadsheet in pdf format, 7packages.pdf; is conveniently color coded and lists all the packages in Windows.

The components being KEPT and NOT being removed are as follows:

7ELITE (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Notepad, Paint, Wordpad)
Hardware Support (Printer Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
Multimedia (Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme, Media Player & Codecs)
Network (DFS, File & Printer Sharing, Internet Explorer, LLTD, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Firewall)
System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

7MEDIA (32 & 64 BIT)
Accessories (Character Map, Disk Cleanup, Notepad, Paint, Wordpad, Windows Sidebar & Gadgets)
Hardware Support (Infrared Support, Printer Support, TV Tuner Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
Multimedia (Media Center, Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme, Media Player & Codecs)
Network (DFS, File & Printer Sharing, Internet Explorer, LLTD, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Remote Desktop, Firewall)
System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, SQM, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)

7XTREME (32 & 64 BIT)

Accessories (Notepad, Paint, Wordpad)
Hardware Support (Printer Support, Windows Image Acquisition, WLAN Support)
Multimedia (Media & Photo Metadata Handlers, Aero Theme)
Network (DFS, Network & Sharing Center, QoS, Firewall)
System (Component Cache (winsxs), MDAC, Microsoft HTML Engine, UAC, Picture & Fax Viewer)
FOR 7XTREME ONLY: When installing the LITE version of Windows 7 that you created, you will need to register the "ieproxy.dll" file when removing Internet Explorer. This needs to be done immediately after installing, when the computer boots to the desktop for the first time. The file "ieproxy.dll" is located in the Windows System32 folder. This can be done using Run or Command Prompt. Type the following: regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32", then press ENTER. Then, a dialog box will appear saying that the file was registered successfully; then click and OK reboot your system. The reason this needs to be done is to prevent Windows Explorer or Computer, from opening multiple Windows when you are browsing through the directories. It will also ensure that the feature; Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media will continue to work, while also remaining enabled in the system tray.

A summary of the contents of each attached archive are as follows:
batch (folder containing all the batch scripts currently being used)
cleanup.bat (file that removes excess waste after using DISM and vLite)
commit.bat (commits changes to install.wim and unmounts the current image)
discard.bat (unmounts install.wim and discards changes made during the session)
mount.bat (mounts install.wim to the defined location inside the setupcfg.txt text file)
removal.bat (removes all user defined packages for the current edition within it, using DISM)
setupcfg.txt (points the scripts to the correct locations of the source, mount, and wtools folders)
source (folder, which will ultimately contain the entire contents of your Windows 7 DVD or Image)
wtools (folder, that contains install_wim_tweak.exe and also where you will be placing imagex.exe)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows Vista SP1. Do NOT use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 RTM or you will encounter issues preventing successful completion.

Download Link:
Code: Select allhttps://rapidshare.com/files/4106448859/All in 1.rar

I hope this is Helpful ;-)

Alternative Link
Code: Select allhttp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ewhdc6fop2ioo3j
Last edited by Animeware on 17 Jul 2012, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
 #22889  by Neuropass
 17 Jul 2012, 02:32
Pleas post the original Author of this guide and the correct download link. For Future reference make sure authors and links are proper. Thanks.
 #22893  by Animeware
 17 Jul 2012, 02:43
If I knew any of the Author of these pages I would posted it see these pages are coming from France It was very hard to register the account on this site can I say supported By This Site?
 #22896  by Neuropass
 17 Jul 2012, 03:45
Not sure what you mean by supported by this site. Please post the original link and specify that you cannot find the author. Always give proper credit to others people material. Thanks
 #22904  by Animeware
 17 Jul 2012, 09:00
Neuropass » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm wrote:Not sure what you mean by supported by this site. Please post the original link and specify that you cannot find the author. Always give proper credit to others people material. Thanks

I will make sure from know on Neuropass it's called respect towards the author ;-)

PS: Added the Author who made this document.......
 #22907  by Animeware
 17 Jul 2012, 17:02
piuzeando » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 am wrote:Thanks for share!

:welc:

If anyone gets stuck in this process please PM or Text here for issues It took me nearly 3 hours to figure this out.... laugh: laugh:
 #22908  by Neuropass
 17 Jul 2012, 17:04
The link is dead.
 #22910  by Neuropass
 17 Jul 2012, 18:31
The file of the above link no longer exists. This could be for several reasons: blah blah blah. the link is dead