Where Customization Begins 

• Benchmark for 2 year old pc

• Show us your Rig from top to bottom and feel free to post your benchmarks score!
Show us your Rig from top to bottom and feel free to post your benchmarks score!
 #3577  by Neuropass
 12 Mar 2010, 15:24
man mine is a bit less than that and i assembled it last September! :diab: :mad: :wall:
 #3580  by Giin70
 12 Mar 2010, 18:23
This set up is Asus Striker Exteme board with Q6600 Rev CPU, i can overclock it , but its stock settings. Video cards are SLI setup. EVGA 8800 GTS OC, stock settings..

When i build em. I build em to last. When i bought it, i paid like 1700 US $ . Im still pleased with it. But am looking to build a new main pc for gaming and use this as a 2nd pc.
 #3582  by rwilk
 12 Mar 2010, 20:46
this is what i need to learn, how to overclock and make these ones i get monsters :hi:

i have done a few quick google searches, just taking a quick peek at what is involved, i think these brand name comps are designed to deter overclocking, bios flashing, etc.

anyways, just thinking out loud. you have some good skills.
 #3583  by Neuropass
 12 Mar 2010, 21:03
Giin70 wrote:This set up is Asus Striker Exteme board with Q6600 Rev CPU, i can overclock it , but its stock settings. Video cards are SLI setup. EVGA 8800 GTS OC, stock settings..

When i build em. I build em to last. When i bought it, i paid like 1700 US $ . Im still pleased with it. But am looking to build a new main pc for gaming and use this as a 2nd pc.

wait a second.. sli setup, i guess my 9800 gt alone isn't that bad then. Image :club:
 #3584  by Giin70
 12 Mar 2010, 23:54
rwilk wrote:this is what i need to learn, how to overclock and make these ones i get monsters :hi:

i have done a few quick google searches, just taking a quick peek at what is involved, i think these brand name comps are designed to deter overclocking, bios flashing, etc.

anyways, just thinking out loud. you have some good skills.

Correct most brand name pre built are not designed to overclock, there are a couple, but extremely overpriced

Actually Neuro It is SLI set up, but i have it disabled lol.. I only turn it on when i play WoW or some 1st person shooters. I forgot i had it off until i looked after i posted. Im not even sure that benchmarking can do SLI setups if i enable it either

Ok i rechecked benchmark with SLI enabled for ya Neuro

Last edited by Giin70 on 13 Mar 2010, 15:37, edited 1 time in total. Reason: added benchmark with SLI enabled.
 #3591  by Neuropass
 13 Mar 2010, 16:19
freaking awesome, i'm just drooling to change my VGA now! But i don't understand how to read the cpu benchmark.. is it lower number better? ot is it the opposite? My cpu gets 33000 score... :ha:
 #3592  by Giin70
 13 Mar 2010, 16:52
I believe the higher the score the better it is. On my 2nd run after enabling SLI, i toned CPU down a notch . I like CPU to run cool, so i have it set based on temp, not speed.

It is possible for CPU to be maxed out but GPU on vid card to choke the scoring as well if video sucks. or if Video is excellent it could choke cpu score..

Thats why you have to pick a matched system, this works well with this, etc etc. You cant just pick the most expensive stuff and expect it to be good.

Know what i mean ?
 #3593  by Neuropass
 13 Mar 2010, 17:19
i see now. You know what i'm gonna try to overclock from the mobo standard setting and see what turns out...
 #3594  by Giin70
 13 Mar 2010, 17:26
It might take a bit of tweaking bud, just go small changes and try it a few times etc.. you will figure out what works.

Your mobo is upgrade from what i am running, so your pc should run similar scores if not better