Where Customization Begins 

• I am building a new hackintosh

• Show us your Rig from top to bottom and feel free to post your benchmarks score!
Show us your Rig from top to bottom and feel free to post your benchmarks score!
 #18924  by Giin70
 21 Aug 2011, 13:12
Building a hackintosh isnt that tough for intel based machines in many cases.. If its AMD based though you need a hacked kernel to run.

There are a few methods out there, a couple fairly slick too.

I just realized the pics are no longer there and its out of date.. I have update the pc about 4 or 5 times since i started this.

I will see what i can do to get updates and pic's updated for it as well.
 #18926  by Litos
 21 Aug 2011, 14:22
I was looking into installing OSX on my Laptop, but it is AMD. So i didnt bother since i was getting lost in all the information and guides lol.

Be cool to see how you got along with it mate.
 #20451  by Giin70
 25 Nov 2011, 21:58
I been slacking at keeping this updated. Between Real job and side business, i barely have time to sleep it seems. With the new x79 platform out, i might build a new one. Apple hasnt released a mac with X79 format so support wont be near what it is on socket 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 platforms.

Maybe i can come up with a decent parts list for a couple platforms . I know the one pc i built will run osx fine and 6 virtual boxes with various OS's running without problems. can nearly emulate anything on a mac too. I like it alot for that, makes my testing things easier at home and work.
 #20452  by Angel
 25 Nov 2011, 22:44
I got Snow Leopard running in VMWare on my AMD machine. I had to set the OS as FreeBSD other wise it wouldn't boot. I'm gonna setup all my spare parts and try on a real AMD machine but I won't hold my breath.
It's good to see you're keeping this up to date and trying new tech.
 #20453  by Neuropass
 25 Nov 2011, 23:29
BigB » 25 Nov 2011, 22:44 wrote:It's good to see you're keeping this up to date and trying new tech.

True. I'm not sure why I "hate" Mac. I've never tried. This is silly I know. Good thing we people who like to try new things. Sometimes we stick on things we know better, Or at least we think to know better.
 #20454  by Giin70
 25 Nov 2011, 23:36
I never really like apple or mac stuff either, then i was looking for a side project after i got my iphone as a gift. I had a hackintosh from years ago, but rarely messed with it.
Then after this round earlier this year, i cant stop . lol.. its like an addiction cause i can tweak and reset and tweak again, emulate this, run that etc..

Its overwhelming at times the thing can do .. Im liking it !
 #20457  by Gangester
 26 Nov 2011, 08:05
Well hackintosh is hard but it u make it work then you have to try fix the resolution, sound and other device drivers.

TIPS
1. Macs have a EFI system and PCs have BIOS. If you want then you can buy a efi usb stick for your pc.
2. If is to hard for you then try a patched hackintosh distro eg. iATKOS....
3. Mac operating system is quite choosy with the hardware so pick the right hardware go to:
Code: Select allhttp://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

If u cant make your hackintosh work then just tell me about it.....

If you install os x then make sure you have a bootloader so you can dual or multi boot you operating systems.

BOOTLOADER FLAGS
1. -x
2. -s
3. -f
4. cpu=1
5. arch=i386