Where Customization Begins 

• Injecting chipset driver

• If you are looking on a solution to integrate your drivers into the WIM files, this is the right section
If you are looking on a solution to integrate your drivers into the WIM files, this is the right section
 #25163  by TheAslan
 22 Jan 2013, 23:47
So, I tried to inject Intel's chipset driver to boot.wim, and yes I used Force Unsigned command in cmd, it injected those successfully, then I used EasyBCD because I wanted to install my Windows 7 via my secondary hard disk, but it didn't find my drives, so I couldn't select which drive I want to install my Windows 7.

So the question is, did I forgot to inject all the required files which are needed to be able to see those drives upon install?

Here's the driver which I tried to inject:

Code: Select allhttp://www.mediafire.com/download.php?174ued7es5a4sx2

Do I need to inject other driver too? Or did I forgot to inject all those chipset drivers?

Thanx you for all your help.
 #25164  by Neuropass
 22 Jan 2013, 23:58
There is no need of chipset drivers for the boot.wim. (The force cmd is only used for unsigned drivers.) What is your laptop model again? (exact name,type)
 #25172  by Neuropass
 23 Jan 2013, 03:16
Ok your chipset is an HM77. In order to get windows 7/8 to see you HD's you need to have certain drivers already installed in the boot.wim file or simply load them from a usb key or usb CD/DVD drive. The drivers yo uare looking for are not you chipset drivers. What you need is the intel IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RAID)).

You can find the latest release here: IRST Download the very first one (File name: f6flpy-x64.zip Version: 11.7.0.1013 )
The ROG asus website has still the previous version under "other" tab. so don't download those.

You can see the IRST history here: Intel

Assuming you will want to inject them into you boot.wim file do the following with DISM:

You need to inject the drivers into the index 1 and 2 of the boot.wim (FYI boot.wim has two index/images because one is for installing windows and the other one is for the recovery environment)

1.Unzip you driver into a folder named "IRST" in C drive.
2.Have your boot.wim on the desktop
3.create a folder on C drive and name it "TEST_FOLDER"
4.Run the following to mount the index 1 cmd:

Code: Select alldism /Mount-Wim /wimfile:c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\boot.wim /index:1 /MountDir:c:\TEST_FOLDER

5.now run this cmd to inject the driver:

Code: Select allDism /image:c:\TEST_FOLDER /Add-Driver /driver:C:\IRST\ /recurse

6.commit/save the index 1 and unmount it with this cmd:

Code: Select alldism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:c:\TEST_FOLDER /commit

7. now mount the index 2 with this:

Code: Select alldism /Mount-Wim /wimfile:c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\boot.wim /index:2 /MountDir:c:\TEST_FOLDER

8.inject the drivers with this:

Code: Select allDism /image:c:\TEST_FOLDER /Add-Driver /driver:C:\IRST\ /recurse

9 Unmount and you are done:
Code: Select alldism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:c:\TEST_FOLDER /commit

10 make a bootable image and try installing windows: you can create a bootable image with this cmd:

64 bit version

Code: Select alloscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\your-folder-with-the-installation-files\ C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ISO\ROG-Sp1-64.iso

11.remember prior installing windows to enter your bios and set the SATA on RAID configuration.

12. post back here with the result! it took me 15 min to write this up! :mad: (just teasing you :) )
 #25174  by Neuropass
 23 Jan 2013, 03:58
You can also see what drivers are installed with this:

Code: Select allDism /image:c:\TEST_FOLDER /Get-Drivers > c:\x64\driverlist.txt
 #25178  by TheAslan
 23 Jan 2013, 14:22
Next time when I'm gonna do a clean install I will follow this tutorial, thanx mate.