Where Customization Begins 

• Erebos Visual Style by Archie Smith

• Share Your Unique Vista & W7 Theme Designs & Patches !
Share Your Unique Vista & W7 Theme Designs & Patches !
 #21091  by Excalibur
 06 Jan 2012, 04:40
Hello folks,

Some of you might know my main focus lye's in graphic design mainly making themes for windows 7.

I have made over 20 themes to date but really only my last few have been worth the work :lau1:

Since I've just joined this cool forum and got a warm welcome I thought I would share my latest creation.

This theme is called Erebos 'God of darkness'

I have made it into a installer for easy install and uninstall, all it does is puts the theme in your windows folder and puts a folder on your desktop with the extra's.

In the extra's folder there's a small app called theme resource changer, all it does is puts a dll in your system folder which allows my startorb, navigation buttons and control panel panes to get applied through memory without the need to edit the system files.

Also in the extra's folders there is a app to patch your system so you can wear 3rd party themes if you haven't did this already,
There is also a number of images 'named and numbered' which I made for any experienced people to edit there own system files with restorator for some extra cool looks, 'these are optional extra's'

Ok on to the goodies, check the preview for the info :occ2:
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask,

Hope you enjoy my work!

Comments are always welcome!

Erebos preview.png

(mediafire)
Erebos Theme Installer/uninstaller by Archie Smith

Shit sorry for the confusing folks, heres the bare link :thinking: -
Code: Select allhttp://www.mediafire.com/?hnr3t4fhble0d2t
Last edited by Excalibur on 07 Jan 2012, 01:40, edited 4 times in total.
 #21094  by Angel
 06 Jan 2012, 10:29
Your link needs replacing. It takes me to MF home page.
 #21112  by Neuropass
 06 Jan 2012, 22:02
It looks sweet but like BigB said the link is broken. Post it up mate! :dlfail:
 #21123  by Excalibur
 07 Jan 2012, 01:26
Damn, my mediafire account has been a bit weird lately, I'll reupload it to see if that fix's the prob,
I would have uploaded it straight to here as its only 20mb but it wouldn't let me :(
 #21124  by Excalibur
 07 Jan 2012, 01:37
I just fixed the link to the theme and tested it, don't know what I did wrong with the bb code there!
My mediafire account sometimes shows that some of my files is missing, its really weird, but alls good now, tried and tested at 01:15 friday Scottish time lol (edit Saturday even laugh: )
 #21125  by Shaneee
 07 Jan 2012, 01:44
Thanks for fixing it mate =] Downloaded and in use at 01:32 Scottish Time lol

What did you use to make the installer?
 #21128  by Excalibur
 07 Jan 2012, 01:56
IiTz ShAnE™ » 07 Jan 2012, 01:44 wrote:Thanks for fixing it mate =] Downloaded and in use at 01:32 Scottish Time lol

What did you use to make the installer?

Hey thanks bud :perfect:

I used advanced installer, the Architect version, £3.000 worth of kit lol but got mine from a special friend - The P B :thinking:

The advanced installer is really a complex bit of kit just for a installer! it looks a bit like MS visual studio but it really does a good job.

Mind post any bugs about my theme here or even any questions about advanced installer, I'm happy to help :)
 #21129  by Shaneee
 07 Jan 2012, 01:59
Not sure what it is but the blue box left of the start menu. Is it a bug or is it supposed to be there?

Untitled-1.png
 #21130  by Excalibur
 07 Jan 2012, 02:08
IiTz ShAnE™ » 07 Jan 2012, 01:59 wrote:Not sure what it is but the blue box left of the start menu. Is it a bug or is it supposed to be there?

Untitled-1.png

Ahh yeah, sometimes that happens, its like a certain thing with some comps, I set my glass to be dark and no colour but some comps dont register that for some reason,

All you have to do is go to 'personalize/window colour/ then choose slate, then drag the slider all the way to the left then open the 'show colour mixer' then drag all the sliders to the left. :)

Then your all good :)

Every comp is different but its very few that does that, it might actually be the no blur app that fucks it up as it has to restart the explorer!

By the way, to you's who don't want the no blur app to do anything, all you do is hit the X button then the installer will continue .