Where Customization Begins 

• Suggestion for our site

• Here's where to suggest improvements, changes, policies, anything else of which you feel the need to unburden yourself.
Here's where to suggest improvements, changes, policies, anything else of which you feel the need to unburden yourself.
 #7507  by nice_guy75
 10 Jun 2010, 08:37
Hi neuro brother,
I have observed that whenever we click on any external live link it actually opens in the same window. I feel it should open in a new window rather than the same window.

I hope you will consider this and modify the board's settings.
 #7518  by xxrazor
 10 Jun 2010, 12:36
Nice_Guy75, just to clarify, when there is a link on the page, when you click it, or double click it, you want it to open in a new tab?

Well we will wait for Neuro to answer, but i have always left clicked on the link, then i open a new tab.

Maybe its me but i have always done that, but it does sound like something that would be good, not sure if it is possible though.

cheers
xxrazor
 #7519  by Shaneee
 10 Jun 2010, 12:41
xxrazor » 10 Jun 2010, 08:36 wrote:i have always left clicked on the link, then i open a new tab.

Thats what I do aswell mate...

To change the site to do what you are asking nice_guy75 every single link on the forum would have to get a bit of code added to it. Think about the amount of links. If Neuro agrees it will take ages.
 #7527  by Neuropass
 10 Jun 2010, 13:11
An example?

Is that for the bbcode url tag?
 #9895  by Neuropass
 10 Sep 2010, 23:17
Here you go. i developed a new system. external link on a Iframe. i hope you guys like it.

Test it, click here!