Where Customization Begins 

• Power settings

• Here's where to suggest improvements, changes, policies, anything else of which you feel the need to unburden yourself.
Here's where to suggest improvements, changes, policies, anything else of which you feel the need to unburden yourself.
 #20347  by chevy350
 19 Nov 2011, 15:30
Running latest ROG and for some reason my power plan settings get changed from never turn off monitor to turn off after 20 mins. It's not a major issue, more of an annoyance, but is there something I can set or change in registry to keep it from changing when I least expect it? :perfect:
 #20348  by Neuropass
 19 Nov 2011, 16:08
hum that's weird because the default setting on ROG for that is never turn off. I think you can set options from here:

Code: Select allHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg\CurrentPowerPolicy

or you can even run command prompt:

Code: Select allpowercfg -x -monitor-timeout-dc 0
 #20359  by chevy350
 20 Nov 2011, 23:47
sweet, will give em a try and see if they fix the issue ;) the registry location is set to "0" now so next time it does it I will see if that has changed....no clue why it would change but it may also be hardware related so no clue lol
 #20360  by Neuropass
 21 Nov 2011, 00:33
cool. let me know. So we can find a solution if that doesn't work.
 #20379  by chevy350
 22 Nov 2011, 00:39
hmmmm...it did it again about an hour or two ago....changed to ask for pw on login and 20min shut off, checked registry and was still at 0 so no clue.....but also this morning on my rounds of sites b4 work I got a pop-up and had some anti-virus 2011 scanner start scanning, got that removed before it could do anything bad though and still trying to figure out where I got that lil nasty from lol