Where Customization Begins 

• Windows 7 ROG Rampage x64 Questions

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #20727  by ROG-Cerberus
 18 Dec 2011, 18:22
Hello
I have a few questions about ROG Rampage x64 installation and setup and need some suggestions because im makin a checklist to get the setup done as quick as possible and the DL is so slow that ill be lucky to start setting it up at 10pm (Swiss Time) and i have to go to work tomorrow. But im getting it done to night even if i show up at work like a zombie tomorrow :lau1:

1st: Is it necessary/recommended to install AiO Runtimes (We usually do that at work, so the customer has all the runtimes he eventually needs)?
2nd: If i update Windows via Windows Update or Winfuture Update Pack, will it mess up the theme like it did in the old version? If so, what files do i need to back up to restore the themes after update
3rd: As i read in another topic it should be possible to add other language packs (in my case german) via DISM. I think that is true, isnt it?
4th: There are no problems activating the OS withnMicrosoft using an OEM Windows 7 Professional Key right?
 #20729  by 351837
 18 Dec 2011, 20:00
ROG-Cerberus » 18 Dec 2011, 18:22 wrote:3rd: As i read in another topic it should be possible to add other language packs (in my case german) via DISM. I think that is true, isnt it?

Yes you can. Not to add but to change (big difference in this case ).
In that topic i described how I successfully changed language to Serbian.
 #20730  by ROG-Cerberus
 18 Dec 2011, 20:17
Yeep, was referring to your topic. Although neuro uploaded the files again to filesonic i think i wont get the file down today since im still stuck to the terrible slow torrent. Unfortunately theres a 400mb filesize limit at filesonic for free users :-(
Thx for the reply
 #20752  by Neuropass
 19 Dec 2011, 00:55
1. I wouldn't install runtimes randomly. always install what you need. At least when there is an issue you always know where it came from.

2. As far as M$ updates I'm not completely sure but some of them will change the dll's so you will need to replace the files again.

4. you shouldn't have any problem with it as it is in fact windows 7 professional.

Known bugs:

Taskbar issue. if you move it , it will freeze explorer. (fixed already in the next version thanks to our Moderator "351837" It will be available in the next rampage version)
 #20754  by ROG-Cerberus
 19 Dec 2011, 03:17
@Neuropass
Thank god i finally made it and everything is runnig fine. Dont ask me how i did it to install the language pack but suddently it worked. I think i had to install the windows update readiness tool. Before i was getting an error with DISM.
Windows update definitely messes up the design, so i wont install any. Strangely if i install the WinFuture Update Pack it doesnt.
About the AiO Runtimes: I usually dont do that on my pc, we do it at work so we dont have to deal with customers complaining that this and that doesnt work, or those who install just every junk they can find to try and get something working and then come to us and complain that thier newly bought pc is so slow and full of malware.
Thank you again for your hard work on that Mod, its just awesome. Im going to install it also on my friends rig wich we are building currently (see respective thread). Now i have 3 hours left to finish settig everything up until i have to go to work no sleep for me tonight. Well better setting up my pc than spending 3 days and night in a foxhole without sleep as i had to in my army time.

Another Question: Can i donate with paypal? If so i will donate something. Really apreciate your work.
 #21082  by EnanoidZ
 06 Jan 2012, 01:00
2nd: If i update Windows via Windows Update or Winfuture Update Pack, will it mess up the theme like it did in the old version? If so, what files do i need to back up to restore the themes after update

I did the windows update, and it messed up messed up the theme view on like for examp[le the left side of the explorer window on this pic http://i56.tinypic.com/2r4laie.jpg.
which file's do I need to replace to get view again??

thnx in advance

BTW; its a very very cool job man...... seriously!!!
 #21136  by nice_guy75
 07 Jan 2012, 07:53
See regarding messing up your theme after update, I would suggest you to backup, shell32.dll and explorer.exe, these are the two files which usually got replaced by the newer versions. But I would rather suggest you to change the bmps and icons of the new version of the files with the same files of the older version.

Secondly use Universal theme patcher to patched the theme files once again as it has been observed that after update the theme files got depatched.
 #21137  by Neuropass
 07 Jan 2012, 18:44
nice_guy75 » 07 Jan 2012, 07:53 wrote:But I would rather suggest you to change the bmps and icons of the new version of the files with the same files of the older version.

That's right.

imelqui » 07 Jan 2012, 03:29 wrote:is audio enhancement enable in this OS? after i install ROG Rampage i wont run the sonic focus by ASUS..

Highjacking a topic doesn't help anyone. Open a new topic with your question.

Moderated Message:
LOCKED AND SPLIT
I'm locking this Thread as it is becoming a general FAQ.