Where Customization Begins 

• Help needed with USB flash drive.

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #26233  by LULUS
 15 Apr 2013, 18:35
Help needed with USB flash drive.

Hello,
I have a 32 GB USB flash drive with lots of data on it, and I have been using it without problems for several months. Now when I plug it in, the drive comes up in my computer as drive I as it usually does, but when i click it it asks me if I want to format .

How i can fix this ? HELP
 #26234  by Angel
 15 Apr 2013, 19:32
Do you still have access to that data stored on it? If it's yes then backup and format. If it's not then you may have a bad connection or a faulty usb pen drive and you will need a recovery program to retrieve the data. Recuva from Piriform will do this.

I get this sometimes when I copy files from my PC to a friends and all I do is click no and carry on.
 #26241  by Neuropass
 16 Apr 2013, 00:35
Are you using xp?
 #26243  by nice_guy75
 16 Apr 2013, 10:04
I had similar problem with my MMC of digicam, I remember I have used an application called "Card Recovery" to recovery my data from MMC and then I have formatted the MMC.
I am not sure if that application work with pen drive or not, alternatively you can also backup your pen drive using ATI (Acronis True Image) and then extract the data from tib file.

Try this application, I am not sure if this is the same application I have used:
Code: Select allhttp://uploaded.net/file/ni64v1ec/amz6s.Card.Recovery.Pro.v2.1.5.0..Portable.rar
 #26247  by xinsoft
 16 Apr 2013, 11:19
you can try pctools file recover :coo:

Pctools

and btw you cant use any recovery file until your drive is not formatted or still not accesible..
Last edited by Neuropass on 16 Apr 2013, 13:54, edited 1 time in total. Reason: merged double post, link fixed
 #26259  by Shaneee
 16 Apr 2013, 15:35
Have you tried it in another PC? You could also try running chkdsk on it.