Where Customization Begins 

• Help needed with USB flash drive.

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #26261  by Shaneee
 16 Apr 2013, 15:45
1: Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
2: Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3: Under Error-checking, click Check Now. The Check disk options dialog box appears.

Use one of the following procedures:
To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start.
To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.

Try mounting it in a virtual OS before you go re installing.
 #26262  by Angel
 16 Apr 2013, 18:47
Is it formatted to NTFS or fat32. If it is NTFS then you could use this to try and recover the data...
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=6487

Another idea is to use a friends PC with Linux or download a live CD/DVD distro to see if it could be read.
 #26276  by Neuropass
 17 Apr 2013, 20:30
too bad you couldn't fix that. sorry about it mate.
 #26596  by TheAslan
 11 May 2013, 22:12
Have you used this same usb stick on television? When I plugged my usb to my television it installed something there which caused that it had to be formatted before you can use it again in explorer window. Sad but true.