Where Customization Begins 

• WLAN service start issues

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #26690  by TheAslan
 14 May 2013, 12:03
Looks like I have too many disabled Windows services that it fails to start WLAN AutoConfig service, which services needs to be enabled before I can enable WLAN AutoConfig service?

Thanks for advance dear friends.
 #26702  by nice_guy75
 14 May 2013, 16:35
Check if you have disabled "Wlansvc" if yes, try to set this one to manual and then try. Also check RPC this should be set to Automatic and (EAP) should be set to "Manual"
 #26703  by TheAslan
 14 May 2013, 17:27
You mean via regedit like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wlansvc

And DWORD called Start, should I change its value to 1, it's now set to 4.
 #26708  by 351837
 14 May 2013, 18:51
Just run services.msc and scroll down to WLAN Autoconfig and set it to manual. ;-)
 #26711  by TheAslan
 14 May 2013, 19:24
But if I want to use this service it does not start because I have disabled services, so I can't use Wlan.

I thought to create a hotspot with cmd and without any 3rd party software, but I need Wlan service for that and it has to be running I think at least.
 #26720  by nice_guy75
 15 May 2013, 00:19
If you have disabled the services in pre-install environment then you better use registries but if you are talking about your live OS then by simple going to Start>Run>Services.msc you can enable the services.
You need to set the dword to 2 not 1

Registry should be like this:
Code: Select allWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Wlansvc]
"Start"=dword:00000002
 #26724  by TheAslan
 15 May 2013, 01:04
I could not start Extensible Authentication Protocol service, it gave me exactly the same error message what I got when I tried to start WLAN AutoConfig service, RPC Endpoint Mapper service was set to Automatic and it was running.