Where Customization Begins 

• Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3 8GB USB stick - problems

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #27256  by TheAslan
 25 Jul 2013, 14:36
So, here's the deal:

I bought a new Kingston 100 G3 (USB 3.0) 8GB usb stick, but BIOS does not recognize it at all so I can’t install my Windows with it. I mean it does not appear there when I change a boot order.

Any solution? I formatted it to NTFS because in FAT32 mode it didn't allow me to copy any item because of long file names.

This guy has a similar problem:

#27257  by chevy350
 25 Jul 2013, 16:36
Have you tried it in anything else? DOA stuff happens more than ya think :mad: It shouldn't matter if your using a 2.0 or 3.0 port since they're backwards compatible. If the ports are working with other things I would try it in another computer if you have one available. If not send it back or take it back for replacement. It should also show in boot options I would think. I have several 8-16Gb 2.0 and 3.0 flash drives and they all show in boot options regardless of which port they're in.
 #27259  by chevy350
 25 Jul 2013, 17:07
You could try, it couldn't make it any worse ;)
 #27264  by Angel
 25 Jul 2013, 19:10
I had this problem with my new (Lexar USB3) usb stick. The problem was that I had not installed the chipset drivers. After installing the drivers and rebooting the pen was recognised. This may not be your problem but it's worth a try.

Have you tried Kingstons support pages?
Code: Select allhttp://www.kingston.com/us/support/technical/products?model=dt100g2

It could also be faulty.