Where Customization Begins 

• Can't install Windows 7 ROG Rampage 2013 E3 64bits

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #27421  by kryptonfly
 18 Aug 2013, 21:01
Hello, I'm a new user of tweakscene about few minutes ago...I have a Maximus II Formula, I tried to install Windows 7 ROG Rampage 2013 E3 64bits but I failed :( I don't understand, I tried many times, for every first restart during the installation, the screen remains with the logo windows "Starting windows"...When I boot in safe mode, I see the loading stops at the line : windows/system32/driver/disk.sys...It's weird...
However, when I install it with VMware, it works ! So it's not a wrong ISO...it doesn't work with Virtualbox by the way...Does anyone can help me ? Thanks for everything in advance :)
 #27423  by TheAslan
 18 Aug 2013, 21:07
Since you're not a Donor and you don't have a Donor access which is required to download official ROG Rampage, you possibly downloaded a modified version of it and quite often or almost always re-modified OS's is not working at all.

Make sure of that ROG Rampage what you downloaded earlier has the same SHA-1 and MD5 values than official ROG Rampage has.

Official values:

MD5: 4b5799ee6431910342ba8a252cb66d4b
SHA-1: d64dbc65e99696146526c3f34bc1cce76879f0b3
 #27425  by kryptonfly
 19 Aug 2013, 04:42
Thank you TheAslan for your answer, I checked the ISO, these are what I have :

MD5: 42ECE9F85FE9948D6B5BD7CB7D7F4931
SHA-1: D0E7B9A6F510B1E0C5D463CB375B2DA6A2F7FC70

I notice that's not the same values :? I'm going to be a Donor straight away :perfect: and test again...I'll post here again for any ways, good or bad...Thank you for your help ;-)
 #27435  by Neuropass
 19 Aug 2013, 13:59
kryptonfly » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:07 am wrote:How much time I need to wait to have the Donation Status as active ? I sent a don, I just have the confirmation email from Paypal...

It should be automatically active once the donation goes through... What browser did you use? were you redirected to the forum homepage after the donation? did you get any message?

As far as ROG goes, where did you find the version you have now? was that on a torrent or a forum? How are you installing ROG. Please describe step by step!

Thanks!
 #27438  by kryptonfly
 19 Aug 2013, 17:58
Neuropass » 19 Aug 2013, 14:59 wrote:
It should be automatically active once the donation goes through... What browser did you use? were you redirected to the forum homepage after the donation? did you get any message?

As far as ROG goes, where did you find the version you have now? was that on a torrent or a forum? How are you installing ROG. Please describe step by step!

Thanks!

Hello, at that time I used "SRWare Iron" I was hurry, I sent the don from my Windows 7 SUPREME...then I went back automatically to Tweakscene showing a message, kind of "congratulation to be a donator..." I don't remember well...I don't have message, just the confirmation from Paypal.

I found my version here : http://www.fikrishare.com/2013/06/windows-7-rog-rampage-e3-sp-1-x64-full.html Downloaded via Putlocker.
I burn the ISO on a DVD with "WIndows Disc Image Burner" provided by Windows 8 Pro Media Center x64 with an original license, my default OS. I restart my PC and boot from the DVD...starting on the FIRST restart (after when it reached 100% + updates still in the installation, you see ?), I see the logo with "Starting Windows" and nothing else, it's blocked. Normally, right after this, I should see "Setup..." and go back to the installation finishing it...Actually it's the first time I get this inconvenience...Moreover, I sent a don but I'm still not an active donor :mad:
Keep in mind : I live in France, I paid with Paypal....thank you for your support ;-)
 #27439  by TheAslan
 19 Aug 2013, 18:19
If you have a usb stick available, then extract downloaded .ISO and copy/paste all the contents from the .ISO to your usb stick.

Then go to your BIOS and change the boot order, disable all the other items except the drive where you're installing your OS, like this:

1. Partition where you are installing ROG Rampage.
2. Windows 8

Then restart your computer, and stop the booting by pressing Esc button, select your usb stick and click Enter button, then select your language and stuff, then select Repair your computer, there appears a progress bar, then click Next, and then select CMD and type these commands:

diskpart
list disk
select partition 0 (If 0 is the partition where you want to install Rog Rampage)
clean
create partition primary align=1024 (align=1024 only if you have a SSD disk)
format fs=ntfs quick
active
exit

Then close CMD window, and go back to Rog Rampage installation, your drive is formatted already, then try to install Rog Rampage.
 #27452  by kryptonfly
 20 Aug 2013, 07:15
Hello, finally it works great ! Actually it was my version, not original...Neuropass helped me to access to the donators forum...I downloaded from FTP servers "ROG-RAMPAGEx64E3rev1+Games.iso" I'm currently testing it ! I notice there's Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Center doesn't have the good path...And the boot screen failed to install...What's the difference between "+game" version and normal version ? Thanks.
 #27455  by TheAslan
 20 Aug 2013, 12:58
After your desktop appears for the first time notification should appear lower right hand corner saying "Do not touch to your computer", maybe you did something what messed up rest of the installation, try to format your drive and install Rog Rampage again, but now when your desktop appears for the first time Do not touch to your computer.

It should work correctly.

I'm not sure what this + Games means, Neuropass knows what it means I think.