Where Customization Begins 

• How to change text question

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #27500  by Animeware
 21 Aug 2013, 16:14
I have a couple of questions

1) how do I change the text during the first time starting Windows instead of sayings "Starting Windows 7" how do i change the text to say something different and where the location.

2) how do I change the font color durning the Boot Screen in Windows and where the location.

3) How do I change the background and text durning checking windows performace after it finish installing the windows os.. and where the locations....

4) how do I change the text durning booting into windows os after installation is finished hit restart the computer you will see text how do I change the text and where at?

Thanks.......

PS: If there is a link to any of these please post it......
 #27504  by Neuropass
 21 Aug 2013, 16:59
Have you ran a forum search? cough cough, Learning section anyone?
 #27505  by TheAslan
 21 Aug 2013, 17:40
If you like to modify login sceen texts, then check these files:

C:\Windows\System32\en-US
wininit.exe.mui - login texts
winlogon.exe.mui - logout texts

C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd
basebrd.dll - login/logout branding logo

C:\Windows\System32
imageres.dll - login/logout wallpaper, sound, spinning wheel image
authui.dll- login/logout screen shutdown-/ease of access-/keyboard- buttons (It's very dangerous to modify this file in any way, if you modify the text lines in this file please test it in virtual machine first to make sure it does not break your system)

Example topic of How to modify authui.dll file:

Code: Select allhttp://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-shutdown-button-from-windows-vista-and-7-login-screens/
Last edited by TheAslan on 21 Aug 2013, 23:08, edited 2 times in total.
 #27508  by Animeware
 21 Aug 2013, 18:37
TheAslan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 am wrote:If you like to modify login sceen texts, then check these files:

wininit.exe.mui
winlogon.exe.mui

You can find those here:

C:\Windows\System32\en-US

Thanks.....