Where Customization Begins 

• To shrink SSD disk or not?

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #28011  by TheAslan
 09 Sep 2013, 01:44
Here's the deal, I'm thinking of shrinking my ssd disk where my Windows 7 is installed currently, is it recommended to shrink ssd disk where OS is already installed?

Is ssd shrinking bad idea, I mean can it make my ssd disk slower somehow or can it reduce its lifespan?

I know how ssd disks work, and how to take a full benefit of their lifespan, but I have no idea how shrinking of ssd disk affects in long term.

Thanks for advance of all your answers, you guys are the best.
 #28013  by Angel
 09 Sep 2013, 08:57
I've done it a few times with no ill effect. Just make sure to back up every thing important. If you're using Windoze then the disk management tool will do the job. If on Linux or starting without an OS then I recommend GParted which runs from a CD or USB stick
 #28015  by Shaneee
 09 Sep 2013, 12:56
I don't know much about SSD drives but this may help you,

Code: Select allhttp://lifehacker.com/5837769/make-sure-your-partitions-are-correctly-aligned-for-optimal-solid-state-drive-performance
 #28043  by Neuropass
 11 Sep 2013, 01:51
 #28049  by TheAslan
 11 Sep 2013, 14:11
I use align=1024 command when I aligned my SSD disk, it's recommended to align SSD disk to 1024 when using Windows 7 OS.