Where Customization Begins 

• [SOLVED] Internet Explorer won't run

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #28640  by TheAslan
 07 Oct 2013, 22:10
I don't know if my Internet Explorer won't run because of disabled drivers (I disabled mainly WiFi drivers and LAN drivers because I only use Mobile Broadband Connection) or is it because of disabled Services or is it because of removed file WMI which I removed, or is it because of BitDefender Internet Security 2014. All the other browsers works correctly.

After a clean install Internet Explorer runs correctly.

I'm not sure what things Internet Explorer requires, can you guys help me?

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1.
 #28642  by Angel
 07 Oct 2013, 23:16
What version of IE and do you get any error messages?
 #28643  by Shaneee
 07 Oct 2013, 23:28
If you installed a Windows Update for IE try uninstalling it from the Uninstall Program > View Installed Updates window. Then try to re-update.
 #28646  by TheAslan
 07 Oct 2013, 23:47
After a clean install I didn't install any Windows Updates (because I know those might mess up your computer).

Internet Explorer 10 and no error messages.
 #28648  by Shaneee
 07 Oct 2013, 23:59
You could try the update then only for IE nothing else.
 #28649  by TheAslan
 08 Oct 2013, 00:15
Windows Update does not cause this problem because Internet Explorer launched correctly though I didn't install any Windows Update, I also disabled Windows Update like I always do, this time I maybe removed some necessary files. I didn't turn off Internet Explorer via Turn Windows features on or off.

What is that file which runs in Task Manager time to time, I think it's called WMI or something, it's located in C:\Windows\System32.

Update:

File is called WmiPrvSE.exe (WMI Provider Host), can you guys test to rename that file if it causes that Internet Explorer will not launch.
 #28650  by Shaneee
 08 Oct 2013, 01:03
I meant install the update in case there is a missing file, it may restore it.

I do not have WmiPrvSE in System32 nor in Task Manager.
 #28653  by Angel
 08 Oct 2013, 13:28
Hmmmm :thinking:

When launching IE does it show then vanish or just not start at all? Also check the "Task Manager" (ctrl shift escape), even though it doesn't start, it may be running in the back ground.

Edit: Follow the advice from the MSFixit. It may work.
Code: Select allhttp://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_freezes_or_crashes/en?wa=wsignin1.0
 #28654  by TheAslan
 08 Oct 2013, 14:27
It does not start at all, no Internet Explorer running in Task Manager.

Update:

And correct path for that file is: C:\Windows\System32\wbem
 #28655  by Angel
 08 Oct 2013, 18:19
I don't have WmiPrvSE any where in my install but I do have WmiPrvSD. Turn LAN back on or reinstall the drivers. Scan for nasties. Not much else to suggest at this time.

Sorry I do have have wmiprvse. I was looking at the dll's and missed the exe :redy: . Still looking for ya.