Where Customization Begins 

• Bluetooth for desktop

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #29319  by stihlcut
 14 Mar 2014, 22:51
I wanted to install a bluetooth dongle on my wifes desktop but it is not supported? Vanilla 7 x86, installed on my laptop vanilla 7 x64 just fine. Question then comes is there a file I need for the desktop to work. :mad:
 #29320  by Angel
 15 Mar 2014, 20:35
Strange problem. Usually Windows searches your drives and their own driver database and installs the drivers.

Try right clicking "Computer" on the desktop or the start menu and then go to device manager. If the blue tooth device has a yellow triangle next to it then you need to install a driver. Try "Search automatically..." first and then if no luck try a generic blue tooth stack. This site may help...

Code: Select allhttp://bluetoothinstaller.com/

If drivers are installed then you need to head to "Devices and Printers" on the start menu and check out the settings for the dongle in there. Right click the blue tooth device and go down to "Properties" and see whats there.
 #29321  by stihlcut
 15 Mar 2014, 20:53
I think there in lies the problem, When I try to go to device and printers,but it opens the window like it is doing the search but never actually completes the task like it is hanging.Device manager says all is good with drivers and there is the bluetooth radio and enumerator but still not right with something. I think it is the computer side because device and printers is hangingg for some reason