Where Customization Begins 

• Need CMD line to Advance Format 3Tb

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #29445  by revin
 19 Mar 2015, 21:39
ISSUE Most new 3 TB or larger hard drive come pre-formatted with 4K sectors 512 realigned to install directly for a MBR 64-bit OS

Where I'm stuck is after I do this Diskpart create primary partition (size)format NTFS ??????????$
Somehow here is where I'm supposed be a Able to tell it 4K

The good I was able to do and EFI with ROG E3 But problem was it would not allow me to see the other disk drives in the machine.
So I went back And just did a regular install with MBR.
Unfortunately since I messed up the 4K sector formatting it came with I cannot access the last 746 Gb. I've tried all the tools only thing that got me close was mini PartitionMagic.
This is my second Toshiba 3 TB that I'd use the first one I installed in the sata port this and it installed on the first partition that I made during set up and I was able to put the other 3 partitions in thru disk management.
I had both drives align at 2048 both drives were MBR but the new drive still has the second 746 GB partition that will not go away with the clean CMD :wtf:
 #29446  by Shaneee
 24 Mar 2015, 17:13
Can't find much information about formatting 3TB drives to default but whenever I encounter a partition/HDD problem I use a live image of Linux and use GParted to sort it out. Hope you get it sorted out :)