Where Customization Begins 

• How did you choose your nickname?

• Win friends, influence people, have a beer and chat about whatever drifts across the transom of your mind. This is the forum for random nonsense.
Win friends, influence people, have a beer and chat about whatever drifts across the transom of your mind. This is the forum for random nonsense.
 #27537  by TheAslan
 22 Aug 2013, 22:08
I thought to create this fun topic where TweakScene members can share their story why and how they choosed their nickname.

I start:

As a long time fan of Narnia movie saga, I instantly fell in love for Aslan, the true King of Narnia, this lion with Liam Neeson voice acting is something so spectacular and heart-warming that you always start to cry when you hear it. First I thought that my nickname would be KingAslan, but then changed it to TheAslan.

Long live Aslan, the true King of Narnia!!!!!!
Last edited by TheAslan on 23 Aug 2013, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
 #27542  by nice_guy75
 23 Aug 2013, 01:16
Nice topic you have started dear, here is my story; I like the movie "The Mask", once I was watching that movie and in that movie Stanley Ipkiss i.e. Jim Carry claimed to had written an article in a news paper titled "Nice guy finish last" I felt he was so true and I felt myself so associated with that title hence I have started chatting on the net with this ID "nice_guy_finish_last" and then afterwards the ID looks lengthy to me so I have shortened it to "nice_guy75"
 #27543  by kine
 23 Aug 2013, 08:54
nice topic, well, my nickname started a long time ago with DAoC (dark age of camelot, an mmorpg). i started as Chingadera, which is a spanish slang, used in replace of something you either dont know or forgot the real name or term for. Much like in english sayind something like, "hey can you grab me that 'fuckin thing' over there" or like "whats it called" ect. Later i found out that the word "kine" is pretty much the same thing for Hawaiians and its used A LOT in Hawaiian Pidgin. so basically i liked "kine" better because its shorter and hits the tounge better than "chingadera". ever since, on forums/games iv been kine, or other variations if kine is taken, like, enik (kine backwards), or k1ne, kin3, da_kine, dakine. you get the idea :)
 #27545  by Angel
 23 Aug 2013, 09:43
Great stories. My name goes way back to the old days of CB (citizens band) radio and my "handle" was "BigB" (remember the film Convoy? "Come in Rubberducky" lol). Years later I met a friend from NY and the name he gave me was BigB and the name stuck. Not a grand name like the TheAslan or a good story like Kines but there ya go.
 #27563  by Animeware
 24 Aug 2013, 05:41
I love Japanese Animation I collect Anime as a hobby

How I ended up with this nickname one day it just came in my head animeware I liked it so I used it since anime is so cool.... :dance:
 #27610  by Neuropass
 25 Aug 2013, 23:27
Good topic. Mine goes back to many many years ago. It was a supplement I took for a while... I just added an extra "S" :lau1: