Where Customization Begins 

• 4-22-10 UPDATE ::W7 gaming OS series:: release:~next wk?

• Show Us Your Custom Work! Post your graphic work here and get some help or get it rated! Please make sure posts do not infringe any copyrights material before posting it.
Show Us Your Custom Work! Post your graphic work here and get some help or get it rated! Please make sure posts do not infringe any copyrights material before posting it.
 #3648  by texsun
 16 Mar 2010, 16:05
Update 4/22/10: Sorry i've kept you guys waiting, i've been researching the whole w7 bootscreen thing so i can change it and i believe i almost have one done..finally :check: . As of the time of this edit, I'm removing unneeded files to hopefully reduce the iso size, and then I'll give it a test and if all goes well, i'll release it shortly. thanks for your patience, it's appreciated greatly.

Hi guys!

I'm texsun/lonestar1990, and have created numerous editions of gaming OSs on windows since the early development days of windows 7, and the earlier editions i made were medicore, partly due to the features, or lack there of, in the developmental builds, and the fact that I had just started creating custom OS. Then, when the RTM build finally came out on technet, I dl'ed my copy, and started in on that one. And after I released it on the older forums, I had lots of positive feedback from other members, as well as when I uploaded to thepiratebay. Anyways, enough of my biography lol, and sorry to those of you who already knew about all that! ;)

Well basically I started this thread for 2 reasons. one, well just to inform anyone who might be interested in my next "installment" :sorry: I know thats corny, but I felt the need to say it. And two, I'd like to get some suggestions as to what apps, the games you want to me to make themes for, or anything else that you can think of that I can't at the moment that you would like to see in this version! Below i have a list of what I have integrated into it so far, and hopefully the list will grow with new ideas as development progresses. Also, before I forget, I still have my last gaming OS uploaded to rapidshare from waaayyy back in the day if anyone's interested in previewing it in virtualbox or vmware, or if they would like to install it on the computer for personal use. So, if you would like the links to the old one just PM me, reply or email me and i'll give them to you. And, one last thing, It contains both x86 AND x64 rtm builds and I've integrated my technet serial number into it so no need for activation, and I've integrated the WAT 971033 update, and have completely blocked it from running to prevent the dectection of what it may think is software piracy, and so you can use it hassle-free. Well, here's the to-do list for for what needs to be done, and what has been done for my OS, so please stay posted. Thanks for yall's continued support in my ongoing series!
Legend for list: X=completed
O=in progress/being researched
_=not touched on yet

[X] change logon screen, sounds and branding
[O] change boot sounds
[X] Change User Icons
[X] integrate new default Aero theme
[X] add Dreamscenes and wallpapers
[O] add other themes and [O] sound schemes
[X] Battlefield: Bad company 2
[X] CoD:MW2
[X] Final Fantasy XIII
[X] user-requested/others
[O] Icons
[X] Apps
[X] x86
[X] 7zip 9.07 beta
[X] Ccleaner
[X] Dreamscene
[X] ActiveX flash player
[X] CmdOpen (context menu)
[X] DamnNFO viewer 2.10.003
[X] Foxit PDF Reader 3.1.4.1125
[X] Hash Check (in objects' properties viewer)
[X] ImgBurn 2.5.0.0
[X] MS Silverlight 3.0.50106.0
[X] Notepad2 4.0.22.5 (MS notepad replacement)
[X] User-requested/others
[X] x64
[X] 7zip 9.07 beta
[X] Ccleaner
[X] Dreamscene
[X] ActiveX flash player
[X] CmdOpen (context menu)
[X] DamnNFO viewer 2.10.003
[X] Foxit PDF Reader 3.1.4.1125
[X] Hash Check (in objects' properties viewer)
[X] ImgBurn 2.5.0.0
[X] MS Silverlight 3.0.50106.0
[X] Notepad2 4.0.22.5 (MS notepad replacement)
[X] User-requested/others
[X] Custom installation BG's
[X] Custom installation text
[O] Others/TBA

Thanks for reading and any feedback and suggestions you may provide for this Custom OS!

Screens will be posted below when available: :hi:

Image (OUTDATED)
Image (OUTDATED)
Image (OUTDATED)
Last edited by texsun on 22 Apr 2010, 23:18, edited 5 times in total.
 #3682  by texsun
 17 Mar 2010, 06:49
Psych0t1c wrote:Any idea for a release date?

Well, if I had to guess I'd probably say I could have it done in early april, or maybe sooner depending on my schedule, and whether or not anyone wants anything extra put into it. so yea, I'm shooting for sometime before the second week of April, and nothing later. Anyways, hope this reply helps you out somehow, and I'll keep you guys in the loop, so no worries.