Where Customization Begins 

• Mac OS for Windows 7

• Show Us Your Custom Work! Post your graphic work here and get some help or get it rated! Please make sure posts do not infringe any copyrights material before posting it.
Show Us Your Custom Work! Post your graphic work here and get some help or get it rated! Please make sure posts do not infringe any copyrights material before posting it.
 #21154  by insaneawp
 07 Jan 2012, 19:58
mac_os_for_windows_7_by_imcoolkk-d498clt.png

by ~imcoolkk on devianart

In this tutorial I'll give complete detail on how to use those tools... :new:

Before starting this, disable User Account Control(UAC).
Just type UAC into the start menu or Control Panel search box.
drag the slider to never notify and restart your system.

First of all, download "Universal Theme Patcher". :strong:

It's really easy to use. After downloading it, just open it. It contain two files...
UniversalThemePatcher-x64 (for 64 bit) and UniversalThemePatcher-x86 (for 32 bit). Open it and patch all 3 files....
Restart your system.
Now u r ready to use mac theme for your windows... :w00t:

Download Mac OS x theme for windows 7 from the link given below..
Unzip the leopard osx and copy both the files at C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder.
Double click the theme file.
I don't like the theme wallpaper so replace it with (depends on u)
[link]
And wooooo u now have mac theme.
But a lot more work to do with it. :eyepopping:

Now time to convert windows white curson into mac black one.
So download the Mac OS x cursor
[link]
After download the setup just install it. Installing it is noob job so i'll not tell u how to do that. :censored:

Download Stardock IconPackager v5 0
[link]
and also download iLeopard IconPackager
[link]
Install Icon Packager and apply iLeopard Icon Package.
Now u have ur drive, folders and all icons just like mac. :p

Time to work on windows taskbar.....
First of all, if your taskbar is locked then uncheck the "lock the taskbar" by right clicking on taskbar.
Then drag it to topmost portion of your desktop as the location of taskbar in mac is at the top of desktop only.

Now change the start orb. Download Start Orb changer
[link]

Change it using Apple Start Orbs Pack for Windows 7
[link]
We have to put finderbar replacing our windows taskbar.
Download mac accessories whole package
[link]
The package contain finderbar folder also.
Open it and install the finderbar at C:\Program Files\Finderbar 1.5
Now we have finder bar as in mac. Right click on the finderbar and click skin it...
But we have to config it to automatically start at windows startup.
So create shortcut of Finderbar Engine at windows startup folder which is there in start menu.
Open start menu. Find the folder name startup. Open it by right clicking it and copy the Finderbar Engine shortcut there.
:::Finderbar ready to use::: :chew:

But what about system tray icons. Time to change them also.
First of all, remove the time display from the system tray as i don't like the digital time display at corner of the desktop.
Click start menu and and in search box type "gpedit.msc" without quotes.
Then go to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\ and enable "Remove Clock from system notification area".
And ya don't forget to remove recycle bin from the desktop.
Again open "gpedit.msc".
Go to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\ and enable "Remove Recycle Bin icon from desktop"
Restart or log off your system to see the changes.
Now the system tray icons we have to change are
Speakers(Volume), Network, Action Center... We will also put icon of VirtuaWin and Desktop4ever icon in system tray.
So firstly we have to install these two applications as they are not present in windows by default....
VirtuaWin
Desktop4ever
after their installation, open "Mac OS X accesories\OS X system tray for Seven" folder and copy virtuawin and desktop4ever icon
at their installed directories(C:\profram files\..). NOTE: USE BLACK ICON VERSION.
And put VirtuaWin and desktop4ever shortcut in startup folder of start menu also. ;)
Like that only, go into the folder 32bit or 64 bit(depend on your system) and replace all dll files with the files in windows system 32 folder.
But before replacing those system files you need to take the ownership of those files. For that visit
After taking the onwership of all those dll files you can easily replace them but DON'T FORGET TO TAKE BACKUP OF SYSTEM FILES BEFORE REPLACING THEM.
After replacement restart your system and you will see the changed system tray icons. :macos:

Move on to mac dock.
Download Stardock ObjectDock Plus v2.0
Install dock and put the dock at the bottom side of screen to give exact mac look.
Now put various apps link in your dock. List of apps i have on my dock are
Firefox, Safari, utorrent, My computer, explorer, downloads, control panel, calculator, paint, start menu, clock, temp., CCleaner,
recycle bin, angry birds game, angry birls rio, Show desktop, Vlc, notepad, link of movies, songs, documents and last wmp.
Change the dock icons by right click on the dock ico > go to settings > customize this icon option > select the icon from downloaded mac icons.
Now your dock look much like as that of mac.

Deviantart Source
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #21790  by Denteddagger
 08 Mar 2012, 07:33
Thank you this was very informative. I made the mistake of using a installer once and neglected to read the 7th included doc.
To my regret my system was messed up due to a issue with the installer crashng mid install. I wont get into the details but safe to say
my bi-yearly system cleanlout came early and with 8 terabytes its a pain doing it unscheduled.