Where Customization Begins 

• hp factory restore discs (vista home premium w/sp1)

• The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
The boiler room is where any disputes go down! Got something to bitch about? Do it here.
 #3400  by rwilk
 08 Mar 2010, 13:22
after using these, i feel like hp owes me some $ for my lost time.

had it not hung, it would have taken at least 4-5 hours.

so anyways, how do i prepare a dvd with just the windows installation, and of course the silent install of the oem key etc.

edit: figured it out, needed the key, cert, then the oem info. used the command line to install the cert and oem info.
 #3944  by rwilk
 22 Mar 2010, 16:55
lol, i ordered the discs, it hung up when it got to installing the graphics drivers(i put a better nvidia card in). i got through it, and where i am supposed to be able to make a backup copy, it doesnt even work :mad: i mean it wouldnt even let me make a copy, some error.

worthless, except the original installed system/restore discs add value if you want to sell the comp and get a better one. well the discs add value, i wouldn't even try to sell one without the proper key etc. :check:

no doubt 7 is faster/better, but i got the vista pretty well set-up also. i tell you, i was thinking i could make some profits buying these comps at auction, then setting up the os's and any upgrades needed. they mostly come with vista keys, though. i looked into buying a technet subscription, but i am sure you cant just install these keys on comps and sell em. i think these licenses are only for evaluation, not to resell. anyways, just an idea i have been pondering.....