Where Customization Begins 

• Pro and Ultimate difference ?

• Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
Read that again. You didn't win anything, you just crashed it! Are you in trouble with your hardware, software or you just crashed your system? Then this is the section you are looking for.
 #13068  by liter
 10 Feb 2011, 10:03
What is the difference about pro and ultimate?

My problem is i have 2 os one premieum x64 and other ROG Pro X64.
Both one is fresh install ..

The test i want play online with vpn sofware like pLAN for most wanted .
game is installed on both running same option and premieum x64 work flawless and ROG pro X64 nothing cant see game server on hamachi plan ect ...

I try check both service if have dirrence and i dont see nothig

This is because pro version are more restrictive with netowork or what ... or pro version have less service ?

In the version pro i completely shuut off the firewall and shut down the service and network is on home network i try activated and desactivated same nothing i can see game server
Weird ....

my premieum version have firewall off and firewall service off and work

I dont try many version so i cant figurate what is the difference about the two version.

Need someone more skilled about win 7 version win 7 is my new os so =)

Thanx all great modder
 #13071  by Neuropass
 10 Feb 2011, 13:07
Please post in the right section and avoid double posting.

Here's the difference: compare
 #13076  by Shaneee
 10 Feb 2011, 23:57
If its a custom OS then Pro and Ultimate are very similar for the services running etc. Many of the unneeded ones that bloat the OS are either disabled or set only to run when you need it. Its your personal choice if you want Pro or Ultimate but in my opinion not much differance
 #13080  by xxrazor
 11 Feb 2011, 07:27
Neuropass wrote:Please post in the right section and avoid double posting.

Here's the difference: compare

Sorry mate, that is my fault, i gave him the wrong link by mistake.

cheers
xxrazor
 #13200  by shadow257
 13 Feb 2011, 23:12
Really the only difference between the two is Bitlocker and Dreamscene is in Ultimate and Pro doesn't have these. However, if its a custom OS such as ROG these options can be activated or left out depending.
 #19444  by kenny782
 20 Sep 2011, 18:16
For some reason on two occasions I loaded x64 Ultimate and joined it to a 2003 SBS Domain and had major problems loading drivers on both occasions.

I had tried test mode but some of the drivers still wouldn't load, on x64 pro everything loaded fine.
I had two different builds of ultimate and these machine were built months apart.

oh well it's probably some strange default GPO MS has applied in SBS... lol